FAQ - General
How to set a fixed IP address on an O2 Wireless Box III router.
If you have a computer which is a server on your network, you
will want to have it as a "fixed ip". This is because other parts
of the network may refer to that computer by its network IP
address. To configure the computer to use a fixed IP, follow
- First, go to your router's configuration page by opening
your browser and going to the following IP address:
- Now log in. IF you do not know your login information
call O2 for help on 0800 230 0202
- On the navigation menu on the left hand side click "Home
Network" then "Devices", then "Configure" at the top right of the
- You will see a list of all the computers connected to
your network. Find the one that represents your server (either by
IP address or computer name - see end of post on how to find out
your IP and computer name)
- On the next page make sure the checkbox for "Always use
the same IP address" is ticked and click apply.
And you're all set-up, you'll notice that the lease is now
listed as infinite where it says "DHCP Lease Time".
To find your IP address, do the following:
- Click Start
- Click Run
- Type "cmd" and press enter
- Type "ipconfig" and press enter
- Look for your connection and find it's relevant IP address
To find your compouter name do the following:
- Click Start
- Right click "My Computer"
- Click Properties
- Click the "Computer Name" tab
Since you're configuring your wireless network our recent
may well be of interest and worth a click!
If you found this information useful, please share it!
This FAQ was last updated on Tuesday, January 28, 2014